Saint Andrew’s Refugee Products and services, Cairo
Emptiness Announcement: Refugee Lawful Support Program (RLAP) Remote Lawful Guidance Senior Authorized Officer
Started in 1979, StARS is a refugee service provider in central Cairo that works to enhance the good quality of lifestyle for refugees and susceptible migrants by five broad program locations: education, psychosocial, authorized, neighborhood outreach and unaccompanied youth and young children guidance products and services. We supply superior-high quality products and services meeting the unaddressed wants of refugees, and we deliver a protected and inclusive room for displaced folks to come alongside one another as a local community. We function for refugees, with refugees, to make rights recognition a actuality.
StARS’ Mission: Pushed by a dedication to justice and fairness, StARS functions as displaced men and women and for displaced men and women to regard human dignity and improve high-quality of existence.
StARS’ Eyesight: Displaced individuals direct in the generation and implementation of responses to distinctive varieties of migration to set up harmless, just, welcoming, and inclusive communities globally.
We provide men and women from many destinations, like Eritrea, Ethiopia, Iraq, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria and Yemen.
To learn much more make sure you visit our internet site: www.stars-egypt.org or our Facebook site https://www.fb.com/standrewsrefugeeservices?fref=ts
Venture Description: Refugee Legal Help Application
The Refugee Lawful Support Plan delivers information and illustration to refugees looking for recognition by UNHCR through refugee position determination techniques in Egypt, assists refugees in accessing resettlement to risk-free third international locations, and advises refugees on safety issues. Refugee Legal Assist Program is partnering with the College of Nottingham to develop distant capability for authorized solutions through training of college students acquiring their regulation diploma from the University of Nottingham.
The Senior Lawful Officer shall be liable for the supervision of provision of remote lawful support for the representation of refugees in matters associated to refugee status willpower, defense, and resettlement methods. The Senior Lawful Officer will supply technological and administrative assist to put into action functions supporting the strategic plans of Refugee Legal Assist Program’s Refugee Standing Determination and Resettlement Plans.
All duties are carried out less than the supervision of the Refugee Authorized Help Software Director, Deputy Director, Refugee Position Dedication and Resettlement Coordinators. The Senior Legal Officer is responsible for evaluation of preliminary requests for help, screening and reviewing of refugee situations to detect those people of heightened vulnerability and defense problems to obtain refugee standing willpower legal representation, security and/or resettlement referrals, preparation and reviewing of detailed penned statements addressing accounts of persecution in international locations of origin and place of asylum for refugee position resolve and resettlement applications, drafting and reviewing legal submissions in assist of refugee statements in all levels of the refugee status determination course of action, supervising authorized advisors, and taking care of distinct elements of Program caseloads. The Senior Authorized Officer is also anticipated to lead to advocacy attempts regarding the refugee population and to supervise and train volunteer employees. The position has distinct emphasis on teaching, supervision, and evaluate of casework carried out by scholar volunteers from The University of Nottingham Human Rights Regulation Centre (HRLC).
Authorized and Technological
- To produce and supervise the screening and intake of opportunity clients for advice and illustration in refugee position willpower, resettlement, and protection matters.
- To support in management and oversight of Refugee Legal Support Program’s caseload in refugee position resolve, resettlement, and protection issues, ensuring well timed provision of support and abide by-up on customer conditions as needed.
- To oversee the overview and preparation of resettlement referrals to the UNHCR Resettlement Unit.
- Evaluation and oversee identification of security conditions and relevant interventions.
- To provide standard lawful counseling and guidance to refugees regarding their applications for registration, refugee status determination, safety, and resettlement in advance of UNHCR.
- To put together customers for registration and refugee position determination interviews and signify customers in such interviews as needed.
- To draft authorized briefs and prepare witness declarations and other proof in aid of refugee position perseverance appeals and reopening requests.
- To serve periodically as an on-call authorized advisor, helping consumers by offering lawful assistance and guidance on a walk-in foundation in the places of refugee standing resolve, protection, and resettlement.
- To put together and facilitate refugee status perseverance planning workshops and Know Your Rights trainings for refugee communities.
- To undertake place of origin research in assist of individual statements and for standard organizational exploration purposes and to preserve great doing work knowledge of the present political and social circumstances in the nations of origin of Refugee Legal Support Program’s shoppers.
- To assess extra-lawful client demands and refer to other StARS groups or external organizations as ideal.
- To sustain very good doing work awareness of UNHCR’s guidelines and techniques in refugee standing determination, resettlement and defense issues.
- To undertake thorough circumstance management methods such as maintaining and updating electronic databases and data for just about every shopper and preserving in-depth notes of all casework pursuits.
- To engage with refugee group-centered companies in providing trainings and observe-up support, as very well as taking part in open up-flooring conferences and details classes.
- To adhere to the Nairobi Code of Ethics, the StARS Guidelines and Methods Handbook, and the StARS Code of Conduct.
- To guide the Refugee Standing Willpower and Resettlement Coordinators in advancement and implementation of group techniques, insurance policies and processes, and instruction offers, such as for HRLC scholar volunteers.
- To guide other associates of Refugee Authorized Assist Application and StARS systems relating to issues associated to the urban refugee population.
- To show up at and contribute to Refugee Legal Help System meetings and other team meetings.
- To support the Refugee Position Willpower and Resettlement Coordinators in conducting facts and developments examination of clientele approaching Refugee Authorized Assist Plan for lawful providers.
- To assist the Refugee Standing Resolve and Resettlement Coordinators in conducting details and tendencies investigation of UNHCR’s Policies and Methods.
- To support the Refugee Standing Dedication and Resettlement Coordinators in establishing composed manuals and processes for the distinctive companies furnished by every single Program.
- To establish and maintain potent relationships with refugee communities in Cairo.
- To establish and manage relationships with psychosocial and schooling team and operational companions.
- To communicate with refugee communities, other support companies, and UNHCR to facilitate the provision of correct info and suggestions main to the success of refugee legal rights.
- To assist the Refugee Standing Dedication and Resettlement Coordinators and other Senior Authorized Officers in conducting intensive two-to-a few-week education durations for new workers and volunteers four or 5 moments per year, and to practice HRLC pupil volunteers.
- To assist the Refugee Standing Resolve and Resettlement Coordinators in the improvement of supervision treatments and mechanisms.
- To supervise volunteer authorized advisors and legal officers in refugee status determination and resettlement lawful function, such as giving direction on controlling workload, reviewing composed drafts, and monitoring recordkeeping.
- To assessment composed drafts and present regular feedback to HRLC college student volunteers.
- To interact proactively in advertising and marketing self-care amongst volunteers and other employees.
- To assure high high-quality lawful assistance and illustration and a refugee legal rights-based mostly tactic.
- To undergo probation and regular efficiency appraisals.
- To connect regularly with the Refugee Authorized Support Plan Director, Deputy Director, the Refugee Standing Willpower and Resettlement Coordinators in reporting on all main problems and developments in the area and inside of Refugee Authorized Support Software.
- To support the Refugee Legal Assist Method Director, Deputy Director, the Refugee Status Willpower and Resettlement Coordinators with reporting and analysis on the HRLC distant lawful challenge.
- To turn into acquainted with Refugee Authorized Assist Program’s databases program and correctly document and follow up on all appropriate case management.
- To present circumstance reporting knowledge to the Refugee Legal Support Application Director and Deputy Director as asked for in order to accurately report work to senior management, funders, and other folks.
- To post exercise studies as asked for.
- To boost data-sharing within Refugee Authorized Aid Method and StARS on all concerns impacting the populations we serve.
Qualifications & Encounter
The suitable candidate will be energetic, articulate, and snug interacting with varied segments of culture. She or he will have demonstrated a business motivation to human legal rights and refugee issues.
- English becoming the official language of UNHCR Cairo and StARS, the Senior Legal Officer must be fluent in oral and prepared English.
- Master’s diploma in a linked area (international advancement, global regulation, progress research, Middle East Studies) OR a competent lawyer in any jurisdiction (J.D., LLB or equal) OR a minimal of a single 12 months of encounter in symbolizing refugees in the resettlement or Refugee Status Resolve procedures OR two decades of encounter supplying immediate representation to indigent men and women in any setting.
- Great authorized research and drafting capabilities.
- Knowledge of UNHCR registration, Refugee Position Perseverance, and resettlement recommendations and processes.
- Awareness of the basic security situation and vulnerabilities of refugees in Egypt.
- A shown motivation to and sensitivity toward vulnerable or displaced individuals.
- Capacity to stay and do the job in a fluid security environment.
- Tested working experience drafting shopper affidavits and authorized arguments.
- Ability to training audio lawful judgment, nicely organized, self-motivated, and reputable.
- Demonstrated compassion for refugees and displaced individuals.
- Shown means to communicate correctly the two orally and in crafting.
- Shown capacity to work in a workforce as nicely as separately.
- A beneficial frame of mind and sensitive fashion when working with clients like a variety of interviewing capabilities for dealing with challenging situations, particularly in advocating for survivors of violence, trafficking, torture, and GBV.
- Fluency in Arabic or a refugee language is an gain but not a need.
- Practical experience designing and conducting trainings for non-complex audiences.
- Managerial working experience or familiarity with volunteer oversight.
- Daily life and work encounter in the Center East or Egypt or with an city refugee populace.
Operating Several hours: The Distant Lawful Guidance Senior Lawful Officer is expected to be at operate for 40 hrs for each week, in between the several hours of 9am and 5pm, from Sunday to Thursday. Extended several hours, evening and weekend get the job done are sometimes essential. Function will be done equally in StARS premises and also in refugee communities and facilities.
Supervised by: Director and Deputy Director of Refugee Legal Assist Plan
Wage: 8,750 EGP/month, rising to 9,700 EGP/month pursuing successful completion a few-thirty day period probationary period. In addition 4,020 EGP/calendar year Health and fitness Protection and 100 EGP/month Preserving Plan Contribution on completion of probationary time period.
Additional formal benefits as stipulated in StARS Team Handbook Rules.
This situation is topic to a three-thirty day period probationary period of time, at which time the employee’s overall performance will be reviewed and probation may be extended.
Closing day for applications: 30 September 2022
Anticipated Starting up day: 1 November 2022
How to utilize
To apply: Be sure to deliver your CV and Deal with Letter and brief legal composing sample to [email protected] Utilizing the matter line “Remote Authorized Aid Senior Legal Officer Application”. All purposes really should deliver call info of two expert/academic references (referees will only be contacted immediately after interviews).
***Note:***Only limited-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview.