Refugee Standing Determination Method Coordinator
Saint Andrew’s Refugee Products and services, Cairo
Vacancy Announcement: Refugee Position Dedication Application Coordinator
Established in 1979, StARS is a refugee assistance service provider in central Cairo that is effective to enrich the good quality of lifestyle for refugees and susceptible migrants via 5 broad method locations: education and learning, psychosocial, legal, neighborhood outreach and unaccompanied youth and children assist expert services. We offer substantial-high quality services assembly the unaddressed needs of refugees, and we provide a harmless and inclusive space for displaced people today to arrive with each other as a group. We get the job done for refugees, with refugees, to make rights recognition a fact.
StARS’ Mission: Driven by a dedication to justice and fairness, StARS functions as displaced people and for displaced people to regard human dignity and enrich high quality of lifetime.
StARS’ Eyesight: Displaced folks guide in the creation and implementation of responses to distinctive kinds of migration to establish risk-free, just, welcoming, and inclusive communities globally.
We provide folks from a lot of sites, which include Eritrea, Ethiopia, Iraq, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria and Yemen.
To find out far more please check out our internet site: www.stars-egypt.org or our Facebook webpage https://www.fb.com/standrewsrefugeeservices?fref=ts
Task Description: Refugee Legal Aid Method
The Refugee Legal Aid Plan supplies advice and representation to refugees trying to find recognition by UNHCR by means of refugee standing resolve methods in Egypt and assists refugees in accessing resettlement to protected 3rd nations around the world. Refugee Lawful Assist Plan is looking for a Refugee Status Dedication Method Senior Authorized Officer to assist susceptible refugees in their Refugee Position Dedication Application approach.
Below the supervision of the Director of Refugee Legal Support Method, the Refugee Legal Help Plan Refugee Position Dedication Application Coordinator is dependable for the management and the progress of the Refugee Lawful Support Program’s Refugee Position Resolve Plan. In consultation with the Director of Refugee Authorized Help Plan, the Refugee Legal Support System Refugee Position Willpower Program Coordinator shall be dependable for supervising and deciding the strategic direction of Refugee Authorized Aid Program’s Refugee Position Perseverance Method group. The Refugee Legal Help Application Refugee Status Willpower Program Coordinator will be dependable for the day-to-day administration of Refugee Authorized Aid Program’s Refugee Standing Willpower System group, which is made up of six Senior Legal Officers, 6 Legal Officer, and in between seven and 10 Volunteer Lawful Advisors.
All responsibilities are carried out less than the supervision of the Director of Refugee Lawful Help Program. Powerful interaction with the Director of Refugee Lawful Support Plan and other StARS plan coordinators is essential to the accomplishment of this job.
Legal and Technological
- To acquire and supervise the screening and ingestion of and the provision of precise assistance and higher-high-quality guidance to prospective customers for illustration in Refugee Standing Determination System issues, including Refugee Standing Perseverance Method 1st occasion, appeals, and reopening.
- To make closing choices on representation of clients requesting guidance in the Refugee Standing Perseverance Method course of action.
- To educate Refugee Status Perseverance Method workers and deal with their perform on Refugee Status Dedication System issues.
- To maintain a fantastic operating information of UNHCR policies and treatments in Refugee Standing Willpower Application matters and nation of origin information and facts on prevalent client populations.
- To oversee the planning and filing of initial occasion, attraction, and reopening submissions to UNHCR’s Refugee Standing Perseverance Application Device.
- To create and supervise Refugee Lawful Assist Program’s intervention ability in cases involving refugees in detention.
- To retain precise data of client representations, which includes shopper files in Refugee Legal Aid Program’s case management database (RIPS) and the Refugee Standing Determination Method situation dockets.
- To interact with refugee community-dependent organizations in giving trainings and comply with-up support, as properly as taking part in open-floor meetings and info sessions.
- To guide the Director of Refugee Lawful Support Plan in setting and executing on policy and advocacy priorities.
- To adhere to the Nairobi Code of Ethics, the StARS Insurance policies and Techniques Guide, the StARS Code of Perform, and the StARS Protection and Protection Plan.
- To guide the Director of Refugee Authorized Support Application in growth and implementation of crew techniques, procedures, and techniques.
- To assist the Director of Refugee Authorized Aid Software in creating published manuals and processes for the unique solutions offered by the Refugee Position Resolve Software staff.
- In coordination with the Director of Refugee Authorized Support Program, to retain and produce Refugee Authorized Aid Program’s marriage with UNHCR’s Refugee Position Determination System, Registration, and Safety Units.
- To give reporting knowledge to the Director of Refugee Authorized Support Program as requested for reasons of reporting work to senior administration, funders, and other individuals.
- To frequently attend StARS management conferences and other administration features to foster shut coordination with other StARS applications.
- To establish and retain relationships with psychosocial and training employees and operational partners.
- To converse with refugee communities, other provider vendors, and UNHCR to facilitate the provision of exact information and facts and guidance top to the success of refugee legal rights.
- In coordination with the Director of Refugee Lawful Help Plan, recruit, coach, and supervise the full Refugee Authorized Aid System Refugee Position Willpower Program group, like paid out workers and volunteers.
- To comprehensive duties for and observe development on StARS’ strategic strategy.
- To engage proactively in endorsing wellbeing amongst volunteers and personnel.
- To assure superior-high-quality lawful tips and representation and a refugee-rights-dependent solution.
Finance and Administration
- To undergo probation and normal efficiency appraisals.
- To meet up with weekly with the Director of Refugee Lawful Help Application concerning the function of Refugee Legal Support Program’s Refugee Status Dedication Program workforce.
- To revise the approach for Refugee Authorized Help Program in reaction to altering predicaments and participate in once-a-year do the job arranging.
Communication and Reporting
- To connect often with the Director of Refugee Legal Support Application, reporting on all important problems and developments in the discipline and inside of Refugee Authorized Help Software.
- To turn into familiar with Refugee Lawful Aid Program’s databases program (RIPS) and accurately file and observe up on all applicable circumstance administration.
- To deliver case reporting knowledge to the Director of Refugee Authorized Assist Program as requested in purchase to correctly report work to senior management, funders, and some others.
- To endorse facts-sharing in Refugee Legal Aid Software and StARS on all difficulties influencing the populations we serve.
Skills & Encounter
The best prospect will be energetic, articulate, and at ease interacting with numerous segments of society. She or he will have demonstrated a agency commitment to human legal rights and refugee challenges with individual emphasis on susceptible populations.
- English getting the official language of UNHCR Cairo and StARS, the Refugee Authorized Assist Application Refugee Status Determination Plan Legal Officer must be fluent in oral and created English.
- Master’s diploma in a relevant field (intercontinental growth, global regulation, improvement research, Middle East Research) OR a competent lawyer in any jurisdiction (J.D., LLB or equal) OR a minimum of a few several years of working experience in representing refugees in the resettlement or Refugee Position Willpower Plan procedures OR 5 many years of expertise giving direct illustration to indigent people in any placing.
- Excellent authorized study and drafting expertise.
- Understanding of UNHCR rules and procedures, particularly resettlement conditions.
- Understanding of Refugee Authorized Support Program’s units and values an benefit.
- Expertise of the common security condition and vulnerabilities of refugees in Egypt.
- A demonstrated commitment to and sensitivity toward susceptible or displaced folks.
- Ability to are living and get the job done in a fluid security environment.
- Demonstrated working experience drafting shopper affidavits and legal arguments, especially to susceptible purchasers.
- Substantial knowledge reviewing the perform product or service of other attorneys.
- Ability to work out seem legal judgment, nicely arranged, self-enthusiastic, and reputable.
- Shown compassion for refugees and displaced people.
- Shown means to talk effectively both orally and in crafting.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a crew as well as individually.
- A positive mindset and sensitive method when dealing with consumers which includes a selection of interviewing skills for working with hard scenarios, especially in advocating for survivors of violence, trafficking, torture, and SGBV.
- Fluency in Arabic or a refugee language is an gain but not needed.
- Working experience designing and conducting trainings for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Managerial knowledge or familiarity with volunteer oversight.
- Lifestyle and perform knowledge in the Middle East and/or Egypt or with an urban refugee inhabitants.
- Fluency in Arabic or a refugee language is an edge.
Working Hrs: The Refugee Position Dedication System Coordinator is envisioned to be at do the job for 40 hours for each 7 days, between the hours of 9am and 5pm, from Sunday to Thursday. More time hours, evening and weekend do the job are at times vital. Do the job will be executed the two in StARS premises and also in refugee communities and facilities.
Supervised by: Director of Refugee Authorized Aid Plan.
Salary: 10,950 EGP/thirty day period, soaring to 11,950 EGP/thirty day period subsequent profitable completion three-month probationary period of time. Furthermore 4,020 EGP/yr Wellness Protection and 100 EGP/thirty day period Conserving Scheme Contribution upon completion of probationary interval.
Additional formal added benefits as stipulated in StARS Team Handbook Guidelines.
This posture is subject matter to a three-month probationary period, at which time the employee’s efficiency will be reviewed and probation may be prolonged.
Closing day for applications: 13 July 2022
Anticipated Beginning date: 1 September 2022
Preliminary agreement phrase: 18-months, renewable by settlement of both equally parties.
How to utilize
To use: Make sure you mail your Include Letter and CV and transient legal crafting sample to [email protected] All purposes should really supply call data of two skilled or tutorial references (referees will only be contacted following Interviews). applying the issue line “Refugee Status Determination Software Coordinator”.
***Be aware:***Only quick-detailed candidates will be contacted for an interview.